Monday, May 27, 2024

Skaven Project #1

My main focus hobby-wise has been a Skaven project specifically for playing OPR Regiments, with a secondary idea of maybe trying out Old World.

I wanted to approach this project differently than I had approached any project before. All my other armies don't have lists of any kind and I just paint any models that I have for the army, and never really "finish." It's a great way of keeping busy and finding hobby time but not great for a sense of completion. 

I'm doing this square base Skaven army with a 2000pt. list first, working towards an end goal.

I would like these rats to be grungy and dirty, and painted quickly to reflect that idea. They are heavily textured in all manner of ways. 

So far it's just been clan rats which I've been painting as I've been bashing and assembling the rest of the force.

Here's one painted:


 Here's what it looks like from the back so you can get an idea of the layers of added filth:


Excited for this project. It is certainly more laborious than I thought it would be but I think it'll feel good to have an end to work towards.
I'll post more as it develops.

xoxo
TR

2 comments:

  1. Is the filth just dirt from the floor or anything more complicated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rats! I find having a list together makes the process of painting endless little nerds that make up core units much less tedious: there is a definitive end!

    ReplyDelete

Summer Time :)

Teachers may not be paid what they should, and specifically in my state it's mandated that we spend more money to get a Master's deg...